Yarra Yering Chardonnay 2019 - Cloudwine

Free Shipping Australia-Wide When You Spend Over $200

0

Your Cart is Empty

Delivery

Spend over $200 and receive free delivery in Australia.

Price Match

Found it cheaper elsewhere? We’ll match the price.

Returns

100% satisfaction guaranteed, or return the wine for a credit.

Yarra Yering Chardonnay 2019

96pts - Halliday Wine Companion | James Halliday 'Winery of the Year' 2022

Delivery

Spend over $200 and receive free delivery in Australia.

Price Match

Found it cheaper elsewhere? We’ll match the price.

Returns

100% satisfaction guaranteed, or return the wine for a credit.

More Information

60% of the grapes for this wine were grown on the two original Chardonnay blocks, planted in 1969. The remaining 40% of grapes are from the Crécy block planted in 2012 from new Chardonnay clones 95 and 548.

"While Yarra Yering makes its mark as a red wine producer of excellence, of late its chardonnay is really standing out. It's changing. It's finer. It's pristine, with layers of citrus and tangy acidity lengthening out a palate that's seamless and textural. It has the right amount of moreish sulphides to the fruit weight. Try putting this down." 96pts - Jane Faulkner - Wine Companion

James Halliday 'Winery of the Year' 2022

Where this wine comes from - Yarra Valley

Just 50 kilometres from Melbourne, Victoria’s Yarra Valley is a star of the wine regions surrounding the city, known as the ‘Melbourne Dress Circle’. With plenty of microclimates and sub-regions, the Yarra Valley doesn’t have a weak link. Certainly the region’s reputation has been built on the quality of its cool climate Chardonnay and Pinot Noir. As far as Chardonnay goes, Yarra Valley strikes the right balance of ripeness, without going over the edge. There’s white peach, lemon pith and Fuji apple supported by a fine spine of citrus-like acidity complemented by supportive oak maturation. The region’s Pinot Noir certainly produces that ethereal quality that Pinot-philes go crazy for – with lifted cherry notes, texture and length. Pinosity? It’s here in spades. Don’t discount Yarra Valley Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon, which also have a long history in the region and are being recognised for producing their own unique regional styles. Game on!
Special Wine Offers